Look! A links page! How very 1996 of me.
In the interest of keeping my web site a bit less cluttered than my office,
I dump my random links-du-jour here.
Behold what occupies my brief attention span.
- My impressive curriculum vitae
- This seemed funnier ten years ago. I was pretty stressed at the time.
- Mike Baron's BADGER
- During a brief recent run of my favorite comic book
(an honor it shares with
Bob Burden's Flaming Carrot),
I started to compile a concordance of BADGER issues and characters,
which I would work on during fits of insomnia.
Now the comic's folded again, taking with it my obsessive urge to collate and index.
(Incidentally, I consider "Klaus" from
BADGER April 1991
to be the greatest Christmas story ever written.)
Though ten years of fighting it here has made a big difference.
I shill because I love.
- Women's Bioethics Project
- My wife's venture: a nonpartisan public policy think-tank addressing bioethical issues.
- Northwest Orca Soaps
- Gourmet soapmaking. No orca were harmed in the manufacture of this product.
- Pirates of the Burning Sea
- Bluebird Grain Farms
- Local organic grain farm specializing in emmer.
I depend on their rye and wheat flours for my daily baking.
- Sphere Foods
- Worldwide processed fruit and vegetable brokers.
- Robert Taylor
- Author, speaker, and a much better cook than he realizes.
Or maybe I just shill because they're neighbors. Whatever. It's all good.
- Home Business Frontiers
- Neighbors (in an across-the-drainage sense) of Bluebird Grain Farms, about twenty miles from where I'm typing.
- The Mazama Lodging Association
- Since I'm rude enough to squat on both mazama.net (personally) and mazama.com (professionally),
the least I can do is give these guys a link here. Lodging and dining options in my back yard.
- Winthrop Chamber of Commerce
- Fifteen or so miles down the road from Mazama,
Winthrop is based on tourism,
and so offers more lodging and dining options.
(This is the closest I can get to a shout-out for the Rocking Horse Bakery in Winthrop.)
- Twisp Chamber of Commerce
- Even further down the road than Winthrop,
Twisp is the hub of regional commerce.
Though I'm not much of a blogger, or even much of a commenter on others' blogs, I do follow a couple of communities.
- Lambda the Ultimate
- Programming languages geekerie
- The Fresh Loaf
- Hobbyist bakers like myself
- Hit and Run
- Running commentary from the editors at Reason.
Gets more than a little snide/shrill (that ever so tiring blog persona) at times.
- Go to Ben Goetter's personal page. Yes, a home page. Another 1996-vintage gesture.
- Site Map
- Find your way around this site
Last modified: Wednesday, 21 October 2009
Ben Goetter (contact information)
Copyright 1996-2009, Ben Goetter.
All rights reserved.